Friday, July 13, 2007

Warm River, Big Springs, Mesa Falls and Island Park - July 13 2007

Despite living in Eastern Idaho for over a year, Nina has never really gotten outside Rexburg, so today I took her out to see the sights. Our first stop was lunch at Craigos. After that I took her the this place just outside Warm River that is a fish protected are. We didn't see a lot of fish, but it was nice just to see the river.



Next Nina and I drove up to Upper Mesa Falls. I love going to these falls and just taking in the roar of the falls. Nina really liked it too.







After Mesa Falls, we went to Big Springs. I have always loved this place, but I think more because of the inventive German guy that lived here before and built the cabin and created the hydro waterwheel electricity house.






This evidently is not a beaver.


Finally I took Nina to Island Park to watch the sunset.

There were a bunch of these dead crawdads all over the place.